The Blue Ridge Music Center, located on the Blue Ridge Parkway, on the border of Virginia and North Carolina, lies at the epicenter of three major heritage tourism trails. The Music Center takes pride in being a portal into the wider Blue Ridge Mountain Region, and a gateway to the many other unique and authentic musical and cultural heritage sites and attractions in Southwestern Virginia and Northwestern North Carolina.
The Crooked Road: Virginia's Musical Heritage Trail
- Birthplace of Country Music Museum - Bristol. TN/VA
- Blue Ridge Institute and Museum at Ferrum College - Ferrum, VA
- Blue Ridge Music Center - Galax, VA
- Carter Family Fold, Hiltons - VA
- Country Cabin II, Norton - VA
- Floyd Country Store - Floyd, VA
- Heartwood - Abingdon, VA
- Rex Theatre & Galax Fiddlers Convention - Galax, VA
- Ralph Stanley Museum - Clinchwood, VA
More info @ https://www.myswva.org/tcr
Blue Ridge Music Trails of North Carolina
Blue Ridge Music Trails of North Carolina includes a comprehensive listing of musical events in 28 counties from Rockingham County in the north east to Cherokee County in the far western tip of North Carolina. Musician profiles, historical information, and even information on learning to play traditional music are also included.
Blue Ridge Music Trails
The Blue Ridge Music Trails is a comprehensive website maintained by Ferrum College’s Blue Ridge Institute & Museum. The site details events along the Blue Ridge from the north-central Virginia, to the Western tip of North Carolina.